I am…. A digital native. A young professional seeking to find new opportunities. An explorer; I’m extremely curious and I love learning new things. A traveler. A leader though also a team player.
I believe I’ve learned a lot throughout the years and that I’m prepared for bigger challenges. I’ve been preparing for years with my Bachelors degree of Advertising and Public Relations at Universitat Ramon Llull (Blanquerna) and my Master of Arts of Advertising and Design at the University of Leeds. As well as I’ve traveled around the world to get to know other cultures.
I’ve worked at LEWIS PR Barcelona and London, ASM, Never Alone/Happy Startups Factory (a startup company that unfortunately ended up closing), oDesk and websites like Marisdeluxe (SMM and SEO) and Ladymaternity (SEO, SMM and content-creation). I’ve specialized in social media, working with design, strategy and community management. I also have experience with account management with clients like Logitech, Renfe and Avanade.
I also have a digital magazine Silence where I write every week since 2013 and work on its SEO and social networks. I’ve also been working for a non-profit organization called Publicitarios Implicados since 2009 that specializes in preparing and developing communication plans and campaigns for small NGO’s.
You can view my Resumé below and if you click on it, you can download the PDF:
Highlights of my life:
– I grew up in Manila, Philippines
– Got my first computer when I was 8
– Created my first “website” in Geocities at 10
– Started doing gymnastics, rock climbing and swimming
– Created my first blog in greatestjournal.com at 12, from then on I’ve had several blogs in Livejournal, Xanga, Blogger, Fotolog and WordPress
– Moved to Barcelona in 2004
– Got my first job at 18 and it consisted of selling electronic devices
– Joined Publicitarios Implicados, a non-profit association that creates communication strategies, advertising concepts and produces anything necessary to give a voice to those micro-NGO’s and/or associations that need one
– Worked at a school as an instructor for extracurricular activities (theatre and soccer) and discovered I enjoy working with kids
– Participated in the Google Online Marketing Challenge in 2012 and discovered my love for online marketing
– Finished my Bachelors degree in 2012 and my final project was based on creating a company called Galacti-K which consisted of a restaurant + kiddy park + comic book store, creating the brand and a complete advertising and PR campaign
– Discovered my passion for social media and graphic design thanks to my job at LEWIS PR
– My online magazine, Silence was given the tv shows section at a radio program called La Tarda (heard in 5 provinces of Catalonia)
– Silence was also given the cinema section at La Tarda
– Presented my thesis that consisted on creating a global campaign for an app called AppsZoom and finished my masters degree
Curiosities about me:
– I love making paper toys
– I have 4 lomo cameras, a smena 8 (russian camera I bought in Saint Petersburg), a Canon DSLR, a Panasonic Lumix digital camera and a GoPro Hero 3+
– I LOVE to travel. I’ve been to all the main provinces of the Philippines, around Spain (Granada, Madrid, Tenerife, Alicante, Murcia, Bilbao, San Sebastian), two states in USA (San Francisco, New York), Belgium (Brussels, Bruges), Germany (Berlin and Dusseldorf), England (London, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester), France (Paris, Rouen), Italy (Florence, Venice, Rome, Naples, Capri and the Amalfitana coast) and Thailand (Bangkok, Ko tao, Ko Phangan, Khao Sok, Railay and Krabi). I try to fly at least once a year and I’m always up for a road trip.
– I love watching TV shows, more than movies (most of the time)